NAP Meeting: Open Contracting
A collaborative workshop to explore opportunities to move forward open contracting policy, practice and technology in the UK.
To help the UK government meet its commitments to open government, nurturing small businesses, fiscal probity and its new anti-corruption action plan.
We are meeting to draw up an action plan, split into two parts:
- Presentation and discussion on open contracting principles and standards, including the Open Contracting Partnership Global Principles, recent UK work led by the Institute for Government, the Open Contracting Data Standard (OCDS), recent work with Contracts Finder, other government commitments including anti-corruption and disclosure of beneficial ownership of companies
- Breakout working sessions focussing on policy and technology;
- Policy: refining commitments on open contracting for the UK Open Government National Action Plan;
- Practice: Other opportunities for global leadership (next year’s public integrity summit), UNCAC mutual evaluations, G20 Principles of Public Procurement.
- Technology and open data: looking at implementation of Open Contracting Data Standard, and exploring opportunities for data re-use..
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
When & where?
8 All Saints Street, London, N1 9RL; 5th November 9am – 2pm
Anyone interested in strategic action on open contracting, including civil society, government officials, entrepreneurs and technology. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend.
This workshop is supported by the Open Contracting Partnership, and will be co-ordinated by Alice Gartland (Open Contracting Partnership), Tim Davies (Practical Participation) and Claire Schouten (Open Contracting Partnership Advisory Board).