NAP 5 – Natural Resource Transparency / Climate Change – Wk2 – Readout
As part of the co-creation process of the UK’s fifth National Action Plan for Open Government (NAP5), thematic areas agreed to during the Multistakeholder Forum in March 2021 have been turned into biweekly Working Groups. These Working Groups bring together government policy leads and civil society, and are charged with developing commitments for inclusion in NAP5.
The first NAP5 Natural Resource Transparency Working Group was held on July 15th, 2021 at 14:00 BST. The meeting was co-chaired by civil society and government.
Areas produced during WG2 are as follows:
- Distinct need for frequent and consistent public reporting on climate-related risk at the project level by fossil fuel companies and the UK government, including through UK endorsement and implementation of the Global Registry of Fossil Fuels (GRFF).
- Commodities trading transparency: building on past UK OGP NAP commitments, amend the UK’s Reports on Payments to Governments Regulations 2014 and the FCA’s DTR 4.3A to require disclosure of payments to governments for the purchase of publicly owned oil, gas and minerals.
- Standardisation and aggregation of waste management data, specifically hazardous waste
- Commitment to publish data on all agriculture subsidies, including geospatial boundaries.
- Importance of standardising and digitising data to improve interoperability, and creating a centralised, conglomerated database.
- UK-based extractive multinational disclosures related to suppliers/procurement
- The third meeting of the NAP 5 Natural Resource Transparency Working Group will be held on Thursday, July 29th 2021 at 14:00 BST
For additional details or to get involved, please contact: